Forum Thread: What's your computer security set up?

Introduction:
This thread is about sharing your computer security set up. Doing so enables computer beginners choose a good security method to use.  It may also benefit intermediate to advanced users depending on the responses this thread receives.

What do I have to answer?

You must answer the following two questions.  (1) What are my browsing habits like? When you answer this question, it will help us determine whether you are a low, medium or high risk internet user.  (with high doing torrents, etc).  (2) What is my computer security set-up?  This question is pretty self explanatory. 

How must the questions be layed out?

(1) What are my browsing habits like?  (State your answer next to or below the question mark);
(2) What is my computer security set-up?  (State your answer next to or below the question mark).

--

(1) What are my browsing habits like?  I use the computer on an often basis.  I do not use torrent programs, but I often open websites that I have never been on before.  I download software often, sometimes they have little reputation.  I consider my browsing activity to be at medium risk. 

(2) What is my computer security set-up?  Norton360, 5.0 as my main antivirus program.  I also have Malwarebytes (on-demand) installed that is also used on a regular basis.  In addition to the above, I have portable back-up programs.  TDSSKiller, SuperAntiSpyware & Comodo Cleaning Essentials to name a few. 

I have deployed EMET and I also have KeyScrambler installed.  In the browser I have tweaked several (about:config) options and installed the following extensions:  AdBlock Plus, BetterPrivacy, WoT and HTTPS Everywhere.  I also have every plug-in disabled. 

I have many more security features, but they will be talked about in future blog articles. 

So lets here everyone else's security set-ups! 

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active